Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Winter Warmies"



Hello Again!

First off, I would like to thank all of you who took the time to check out my first post.  It was quite delightful to read comments from all of you ladies who share in the enjoyment of scrapbooking and being crafty.  I never knew quite how far reaching this community was until now.  I really appreciate all of the encouragement, and enjoyed reading each and every comment left for me - I still can't believe I manage to squeak out a Top 5 with so many other wonderful projects posted - for this, I would like to say thank you once again.


Secondly, (for the real reason you are here, most likely) I thank you for stopping in either for the first time, or returning once again to see my second post, and my second challenge entrance into the FCCB's "Winter Warmies" challenge.  This challenge needed to include some type of winter clothing/accessory on the project.
My original idea was to create a layout of two people(namely, my husband & I) building a snowman.  I took it one step further by incorporating one of my all-time favorite winter specials, "Frosty, The Snowman."  I figure, how better could I put the two together than this?


Now, for the photos!

Finished:


Background Details:




Cricut Cuts:
People - Everyday Paper Dolls (Pop Dots behind heads & items in hands)
Bare Tree - Jubilee
Small background trees & big backgound tree - Doodle Charms
"Snow Day. . . Let's Play!" - Jubilee (White Gel Pen hand filled)

Freehand:
Frosty & his hat- Made him in Photoshop, hand cut, color added with various chalk tones(Pop dots behind head, hands, broom)
Snow balls in kid's hands
Frosty's pipe - hand cut/detailed with pen White Hills
Blue Mountains with Snow(shadows added with blue chalk, and highlights done with sparkly white chalk)
Photo Frame for 4"x6" snow edge(pop dots)




As for inspiration, I found this after I did my layout, but it is basically what I had in my head...

Also entering "Glittermania" (All of the chalks I used have sparkle/glitter in them, though they don't apparently photograph all too well)

10 comments:

Jean said...

Great layout. Frosty is so cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

Anita said...

Awesome job!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with cricut this week! Anita

Jean said...

As I said earlier, great layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with the Cricut.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Such a cute layout! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Roberta Guditis said...

What a cute layout!! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)

www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Great LO, Jennifer! Your Frosty is so cute! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

Valerie said...

Adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB:)

Melinda Beltran said...

Jennifer...What an ADORABLE LAYOUT! That is so cute! I love how you captured the essence of everyone's fav...snowman! Thank you for sharing with us at CWC. I am now following you and looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creativity! Thanks again! Melin...CookingWithCricut.com

Adrian said...

OMG! THis is such an awesome project! U did a great job!

Nicole said...

Wow, what a fabulous job you did on that Frosty. Love this layout! Thanks for playing along this week with Cooking with Cricut!